In actual procurement, an important factor considered by enterprises is price, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises and SOHO offices. We believe that a few hundred yuan of products are enough to meet the needs of ordinary enterprises, unless it is a special industry, such as telecommunications, military, etc. Of course, in addition to the price, you must also consider the compatibility of the product with the surrounding environment and the stability and reliability of the product itself. Otherwise, no matter how low the price is, it will be useless to buy it. In order to enable everyone to pick good products, some purchasing points are listed as follows:
(1) Check if it can support full-duplex and half-duplex, because some chips on the market can only use full-duplex environment at present, and cannot support half-duplex. If it is connected to other brands of switches or The hub (HUB), which uses the half-duplex mode, will definitely cause serious collisions and packet loss.
(2) Check whether it has been tested for connection with other fiber optic connectors. There are more and more fiber optic transceivers on the market. If the compatibility of transceivers of different brands has not been tested beforehand, there will be loss. Packets, transmission time is too long, fast and slow, etc.
(3) See if it has a security device to prevent packet loss, because many manufacturers often use Register data transmission mode in order to reduce costs when making fiber optic transceivers. The biggest disadvantage of this method is data transmission. It will be unstable and cause packet loss, and the best way is to use a buffer circuit design to safely avoid data packet loss.
(4) Check whether the product has a temperature test, because the fiber optic transceiver itself will generate high heat when used, and the environment where it is installed is usually outdoors, so when the temperature is too high, whether the fiber optic transceiver can operate normally is the user Very important consideration! What is the maximum allowable operating temperature? For a device that needs long-term operation, this item is worth our attention!
(5) Check whether the product complies with the IEEE802.3 standard? If the single/dual-mode optical fiber transceiver conforms to the IEEE802.3 standard, if it does not conform to the standard, there will definitely be compatibility problems.
(6) Measure the after-sales service of the manufacturer. Just imagine, if your equipment is broken and the manufacturer has not solved the problem for a few days, what is your loss? Therefore, in order to enable the after-sales service to respond promptly and early, it is recommended that you choose a professional company with strong strength, superb technical force and good reputation. Only the technical engineers of professional companies have more experience in troubleshooting and the tools for detecting faults are more advanced!
(7) When purchasing, carefully observe the appearance of the product to see if the fiber optic module housing of the product is old, shiny, or whether there are signs of wear. Many manufacturers in the market today use second-hand or old fiber optic modules in fiber optic transceivers, fiber switches and other equipment in order to make huge profits. Products using these second-hand fiber optic modules cause great hidden dangers to network transmission, such as: optical fiber The optical path of the module is contaminated, and the signal transmission must be affected, and the transmission quality is reduced. The decrease in transmission quality will also reduce the sensitivity of reception and cause data packet loss. Coupled with the use of second-hand fiber optic modules, the service life will be discounted, and parts may fail at any time.